“Personal Information” is any information which can be used to identify you or from which you are identifiable. This includes but is not limited to your name, nationality, telephone number, bank and credit card details, personal interests, email address, your image, government-issued identification numbers, biometric data, race, date of birth, marital status, religion, health information, vehicle and insurance information, employment information and financial information.
Information we collect
1. We collect your Personal Information when you provide it to us. For example, when you:We collect certain Personal Information from you so that our services can run properly for you to access and use, for example: to be able to access more complete features, you are required to register and complete your personal datafirst.
2. Upon registration, you will provide us with your email address, name, phone number as well as your account password.
3. When you use one of our services, you provide us with information, namely the kilograms of Qualified Plastic Waste you sell, the different types/brands of Qualified Plastic Waste and the drop-off location
4. interact with our social media pages (such as your social media account ID, profile photo and any other publicly available data);
5. participate in contests or events organised by us (such as the pictures, audio, or videos you may submit, which may include images of yourself);
6. verify your identity through various means (such as social media logins, submission of selfie images or independently verified payment card information); and
7. fill up demographic information in surveys (such as your age, gender, and other information you may volunteer such as your marital status, occupation and income information).
Information we use
We may use your Personal Information and information you provide for the following purposes set out in the list below:
1. We use your email, name and account password to verify your ownership of an account, to communicate with you in connection with the use of services and to provide you with information about the wahu application.
2. We use your telephone number to facilitate the payment to your preferred e-wallet of choice.
3. We may also use your email and telephone number to send messages, general updates to the wahu application and special offers or promotions.
4. We use the data you provide such as username, location and type of Qualified Plastic Waste to process our services, so you can use our services as appropriate.
5. We use your Personal Information in aggregate to monitor which features of our Services are used the most, to analyze usage patterns and to determine whether we will offer other services or focus on our current Services. You hereby agree that your data will be used by our internal data processing to provide even better services.
6. We may use your Personal Information to send you marketing communications relating to customised products or services, or partners', sponsors' and advertisers' products, services, events or promotions.
7. We may use the Personal Information we collect for legal purposes, such as to investigate and resolve claims or disputes, to detect, prevent or prosecute crime, or as allowed or required by applicable laws and regulations.
8. We may also use your Personal Information when we are required, advised, recommended, expected or requested to do so by any regulatory, governmental or other authority.
Disclosure of information we collect
We need to share Personal Information with various parties for various purposes.
1. We may provide your Personal Information to our partners, vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers (such as legal advisors, financial advisors, and consultants) or business partners (“Third Party Service Providers”)as part of the terms of service.
2. There is a possibility that the Third Party Service Providers may store your data on their devices in any way. We are not responsible for storing data in this way and you agree to defend, and free us from claims and we will not be responsible for any misuse of your personal information by Third Party Service Providers after the end of the service.
3. We may employ third parties to facilitate or provide certain services on our behalf, to process e-wallet payout, to provide information, to perform services related to the wahu Website/application (e.g. maintenance services, database management, application analysis and improvement of application features) or to assist us in analyzing our Services, or to serve as our professional advisors and external auditors, including but not limited to legal advisors, financial advisors, and consultants. These third parties only have access to your personal information to perform these tasks on our behalf and are contractually bound by rules not to disclose or use such personal information for other purposes.
4. We do not share your Personal Information with any party other than Third Party Service Providers, without your consent. However, we will disclose your Personal Information as long as legally requested, or necessary to comply with statutory, regulatory and government provisions, or in the event of a dispute, or any form of legal process between you and us, or between you and other users in connection with our services, or in an emergency related to your health and/or safety.
5. We do not sell or borrow your Personal Information to third parties.
6. We may share your Personal Information with other parties, in connection with any acquisitions, sales, mergers, joint ventures, consolidation, restructuring, financing or any other type of business transactions. Your Personal Information will however remain subject to our obligations made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice that you have agreed to.
Retention of Data
2. Once your Personal Information is no longer required or necessary for the services or purposes, or we no longer have a legal or business purpose for retaining your Personal Information, we take steps to erase, destroy, anonymise or prevent access or use of such Personal Information.
Your Rights with Respect to Your Personal Information
In accordance with applicable laws and regulations, you may be entitled to:
1. inquire about the processing of your Personal Information and be provided with a copy of it;
2. request the correction and/or deletion of your Personal Information (in certain cases);
3. request the restriction of or object to the processing of your Personal Information (in certain cases);
4. withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Information;
5. request receipt or transmission to another organisation of the Personal Information that you have provided to us; and
6. complain to the relevant data privacy authority if your data privacy rights are violated, or if you have suffered detriment as a result of unlawful processing of your Personal Information.
1. We will take reasonable measures to ensure that your Personal Information is protected. Nevertheless, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and regardless of the security of a technology, there is no system that is impenetrable
2. We do not guarantee the security of our database and we also do not guarantee that the data you provide will not be stored or disturbed in the process of sending information. Any transmission of information by you to us is your own responsibility. You may not disclose your password to anyone.
Acknowledgment and Consent
You also state that you have the right to share all the information that you have provided to us and to give us the right to use and share that information with our Third Party Service Providers.
Ways to Contact Us
If you have further questions regarding the privacy and security of your information, and wish to update or delete your data, please contact us via the following email: email@example.com